The holidays bring a bonus benefit to working out regularly or shopping for someone who does: There are so many great gifts to consider, and at every price point, too!
From the classic and affordable – to the trendy and expensive, you can’t go wrong.
Here are some of our favorites to get you thinking in the right direction. How can you encourage your loved one on his or her fitness journey? Or – maybe even better – how can you treat yourself in the same way?
1. Pickleball set. The game that keeps on growing … and shows no sign of slowing down in popularity. Like many items on this list, you can find variations just about everywhere. But this set from Nettie comes with four paddles, four balls, four sweatbands, and free shipping.
2. Elbow and knee ice pad. Recovery is hot, hot, hot these days. This compression sleeve brings the benefits of cold-therapy and wraparound technology together. This is a reusable and affordable way to try it out.
3. Socks. Yes, socks make great gifts for active adults – even though we always dreaded getting them when we were kids. Try Naboso recovery socks (we've got them in stock at Your Movement Solutions!); or Rollga's 3 in 1 activator or Trigger Point massage ball - great tools for recovery and we've got them all in stock.
4. The Workout Dress. This might be what Audrey Hepburn would’ve worn to a Jane Fonda workout class: a little black dress that’s sporty, flattering, and functional for all kinds of exercise.
5. Tights. If you’re stuck for an idea, just about everyone will always be happy to have an extra pair of tights – also available for as much or as little as you want to spend.
6. Leg compressors. For those looking to spend several hundred dollars on trendy, techy recovery gear… consider the Normatec 3 Legs, which bring air compression to you. They promise “a restorative massage using 7 levels of pressure” and something it calls biomimicry “to relieve pain and revive muscles.”
7. Folding treadmill. This is ideal for days when you’re stuck inside because of the weather, or to use with an adjustable desk when working from home. Again, many models to try. Amazon recommends this one.
8. Personalized gym sign. With so many people using home gyms, why not put up your own sign? This fun idea lets you personalize your family’s workout space with a cheeky bit of branding.
9. Eat out – right. A local vegan restaurant has caught your eye. Or maybe that place with the quinoa burgers and organic salads. Whatever it is, make a reservation with the loved one on your list, and you’ll both enjoy a new experience together.
10. Semi-private or private training sessions. Give the gift of a new experience or some expert coaching. Talk to us about options here or locally that would be fun.
Of course, the best gift is your time and attention. So, go on a walk or bike ride with people you love, or whatever activity appeals to you. Come see us to see how to make next year the fittest and best yet. Happy Holidays!